Monday, December 27, 2004

I read an an interesting column in USA Today that led me to a very interesting website about political bias among professors at some American colleges and universities. While I do not agree with everything that either of these two links have to offer, it is clear to me that Austin Peay's English department suffers from this disease of liberalism as well.

Back in November, I looked at a web-site (fundrace.org) that listed the name of any person who contributed at least $200 to any political candidate. I counted several APSU faculty that contributed to the various Democrats (donations prior to the primaries were listed), and none that gave to Bush. Exit polling in the 2000 election showed 90% of college professors voted for Gore. Interesting to say the least.

William Wordsworth once said, "One impulse from a vernal wood May teach you more of man, Of moral evil and of good, Than all the sages can." Thankfully, these current 'sages' that are trying to corrupt America's students have not yet achieved their goal. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius