Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I got both of my tests back today. In Philosophy 1, I got an A, and in Philosophy 2, I got a B+. I was a little upset with myself on Philosophy 2, mainly because I did not pay attention to the instructions and cost myself an A. The instructions were to answer 1 question (yes, only one question on the entire test) from 2 different points of view. We were to answer it from Immanuel Kant's viewpoint using his Second Formulation of the Categorical Imperative, and from John Stuart Mill's point of view using Act Utilitarianism. Then were supposed to give our own opinions about the question. This is where I screwed up, because I forgot to give my own opinion!! When have I ever failed to offer my opinion?? Dare I say "Never!"? Anyway, I was so proud of absolutely NAILING Kant's and Mill's viewpoint, that I strutted up to the prof's desk and with a smile, handed in my blue book. It was a few minutes later, while on the phone with Michelle, that it occurred to me what I had forgotten. At least I only lost a few points; nothing major. Anyhow, now I will have to work extra hard to make an A for the semester. I had pegged this class as an A at the beginning of the semester. My goal is to make 3 A's and a B, which would put me on the Dean's List. That will be cool.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius