Friday, June 15, 2007

Alex's first night at home was miserable for everyone, especially himself. Not long after he got home, we fed him, and it went downhill from there. He got some really bad gas, and struggled all night to get rid of it. And I mean all night. At 4:00 AM, we were ready to take him to the ER, but we held off, Thankfully, he started to fell a little better, so at 4:30, having given up on sleep, I went down the street to get the papers. When I got back, we gave him another dose of his medicine, and shortly after that, he was able to eat a little. After eating, he slept a little, and Michelle and I tried to get some sleep as well.

Michelle made coffee, and I made breakfast. We inhaled our food while he slept, then I took a shower. Michelle is doing the same now, and Alex is sleeping. Wow. These past 12 hours have flown by at 150 MPH. I hope things slow down soon.

I pre-mixed several bottles of formula, so he is ready to go when he wakes up.

I have some family who will be passing through Memphis tomorrow on their way to Hot Springs Arkansas, and they are planning on stopping by. Michelle parents are coming into town Sunday afternoon, and my parents are coming one day next week. It will be fun to see everyone. I know they are all excited to see Alex.

By the way, Alex told me yesterday, "Tiger Woods good, Phil Mickelson bad." I told him we would have fun watching the US Open all weekend. I remember that Norm Brumblay's first son was born on Super Bowl Sunday, and the first thing they did together was watch the game. That's sweet.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius