Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I got through my Ancient Philosophy exam today pretty well. It helps when you have already read the material for previous classes. Although reading it again (Plato's Apology, Crito, and Euthyphro and Aristotle's Nichomachean Ethics) gave me new insight to these incredible works.

Astronomy lecture and lab went well today. My lab team finished almost an hour early, so I worked a while in the library before leaving for my football game. This is where the nightmare began. I needed to be at the school no later than 4:00, so I left at 3:15. Although Mapquest estimated my travel time to be only 17 minutes, with Memphis traffic, it's better to leave early. Plus, I needed to change into my uniform and clean my shoes. With my Mapquest driving directions in tow, I headed out, only to discover that these instructions were horrifically inaccurate. I called my head referee (the guy who wears the white hat) at 4:00, and he could not give me any better directions. I then called Michelle and had her Mapquest the location from a different starting point in hopes that that would trigger the algorithms into a different result. This was moderately successful, as I was able to get into the general neighborhood of the school. After asking three random strangers (two of which were either drunk and/or high) for directions, I arrived at the school at 5:00. Just before the last play of the FIRSY HALF! It was brutal. I felt horrible. I felt bad for taking my payment after the game. Came real close to giving it back. I got an email from the assigner earlier tonight, asking for an explanation. Jeez.

Michelle is deathly sick, and she has been asleep since before I got home. So, I am just hanging out on the couch watching the baseball playoffs. The Dodgers' first game is tomorrow at 3, which is precisely the same time Michelle and I are supposed to paint the living room.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius