Wednesday, October 18, 2006

After Midnight, We're Gonna Let It All Hang Out...

The day I have been looking forward to since June is finally here!! Tonight, I will be meeting my brother Tim in Birmingham to see Eric Clapton in concert. We are both mega-excited...LOL. Needless to say, EC has been in heavy rotation on the stereo in the Winn household for the past week or so. The setlist he has been playing features a great mix of old and new, and some in between. Robert Cray is the opening act, and he has been joining EC on stage for a couple of numbers each night. Sweet!

Here it is:

(Electric Set 1)

Pretending
I Shot The Sheriff
Got To Get Better In A Little While
Old Love (with Robert Cray)
Everybody Oughta Make A Change
Motherless Children

(Acoustic Set)

Back Home
I Am Yours
Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out
Running On Faith

(Electric Set 2)

After Midnight
Little Queen Of Spades
Further On Up The Road
Wonderful Tonight
Layla
Cocaine

(Encore)

Crossroads (with Robert Cray)

In my next post, I will post my comments on each tune.

This past weekend was fall break, so Michelle and I went up to Sikeston, Missouri for a couple of days. We went to the Beggs' family farm, which is a more like a carnival than a farm. We enjoyed picking out pumpkins, and working our way through the corn maze. Last year, we were in the maze for over two hours, and finally gave up. This year, we made it through in about 45 minutes...LOL. We got so lucky. There was an intersection that offered about 5 different ways to go, and after my obligatory Robert Frost monologue (two roads diverged in a yellow wood...), we chose the path on the far right, and about 10 minutes later, walked out of the maze. Soooo lucky!

We also enjoyed eating at our favorite restaurant in the whole world, Lambert's Cafe (home of throwed rolls). We also enjoyed getting some much-needed rest. I don't think we have ever slept so much whilst on holiday. It was great.

I got my philosophy exam back last week, and it was bloody. I made a 73--the lowest grade I have ever made on a philosophy test. It was brutal. The class as a whole did poorly, but that did not make me feel any better. On one of the questions, which I felt was my strongest answer, I only got 18 points (out of 25). On another, which I felt was my weakest, I got a 23. Say what? Another question, I misread it and only got 10 points. That killed me. Oh well. We still have two other tests in that class, so I can pick it up a notch and salvage a decent grade.

I also have a test in astronomy class tomorrow. Since I probably won't be back in Memphis until the wee hours of the night, I am not sure how I will do. I know the material, and have studied hard the past two days, but I probably will not feel great. So, we will see how that goes.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That should be an awesome show! Can't wait to hear about how it was. :)

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius