Sunday, November 05, 2006

Change of Plans



Michelle has been feeling sick to her stomach for the past several weeks, and we could not figure out why. Well, yesterday we found out that she is PREGNANT!! This is insane! We were told that she could never get pregnant, mostly because of me. All I can say to that is, "All it takes is one"...LOL. Apparently, one found its way to the right place!

Therefore, the first question everyone has had is obviously, "What does this do to the adoption?" Essentially, the adoption will go on pause. One of the largest parts of the process is the part we are about to finish, which is the home study. The home study remains valid for two years, so we can put it on pause until after the baby comes home, then pick it up again later.

Probably the funniest part of the whole thing so far is how I found out. I got a call yesterday morning asking me to referee some football games as an emergency substitute. The first game was supposed to start at noon, so at 1:00 I called Michelle to tell her that we had not started yet (due to the fact that neither team was there). I was bored, frustrated, and just ticked off. Anyway, she told me that while she was out earlier she decided to get a home pregnancy test to prove to the doctor that she was not pregnant. She had just done to test a couple of minutes before I called, so she was still in shock. And, I got to join in the celebration, at least on the phone. I announced to everyone around me that my wife was pregnant, and everyone got excited. I did not care about the games at that point, and did not care much all day. I had more important things on my mind.

We made the requisite phone calls to the future grandparents, great-grandparents, and friends. Everyone is really excited. So, we ask that everyone please keep us in your prayers. We will need everyone's support.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Congratulations!!

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius