Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Been a while...sorry.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and start to the new year.

It was great to see everyone we saw at Christmas, although we did not get to see everyone. As usual, we traversed the state in the effort to see everyone we could, but it is just impossible to see everyone. Alex had a great time, and travelled really well. That made our lives a lot more peaceful.

I worked on some Christmas songs on the guitar during November, but was not able to get them down to the point where I was comfortable playing them, so I did not play them. I did some jamming with my brothers and our dad, though. So, that was really cool.

I have been battling a sinus infection since late October (I remember being sick during the World Series). I seem to be getting better, but my voice is still hoarse and I still have a little congestion. As long as it keeps draining, I guess I will be OK.

The day before Thanksgiving, in Clarksville, I got a speeding ticket. So, in order to keep it off my driving record and my insurance, this past Saturday I attended the Driver Improvement Program, which is otherwise known as Leadfoot College...LOL. I graduated with flying colors (which means I stayed awake the entire time), and immediately blazed a trail back to Memphis. I left Alex with his Mimi and Papa (my parents), and he had a great time. Michelle stayed in Memphis, so Alex and I rode up together on Friday afternoon, and he slept the entire way. Made my life a lot more peaceful. Of course, the theme song to the trip was Thin Lizzy's "The Boys Are Back In Town"...LOL.

I got two books for Christmas, Eric Clapton's autobiography, and a biography of Warren Zevon, which was written with his permission by his ex-wife. I knew most of the stories in the Clapton book, and it was great to get even more in-depth info about them. I did not know much about Zevon, although I now feel like he and I are kindred spirits. Except for the wife-beating and the drug and alcohol addictions. It has been said that there is a fine line between genius and madness, and if that is the case, I would say that Zevon danced all over that line.

I am not sure if I have told this story here, but my guitar instructor once played in a band with Roy Marinell, who co-wrote Zevon's most famous song, "Werewolves of London". That is cool.

I am currently taking an intensive course entitled, "The History of Reformed Worship". The last day of class is next Wednesday, and the regular spring semester starts the next week. My class is going really well, and I enjoy it greatly.

Michelle is scheduled for another treatment on her back next week. The first one did not have much effect, so we are praying that this one will. This time, the injection will go directly into her spine.

Alex is doing real well. He enjoys the day-care he is going to, and we like it because he comes home exhausted and sleeps really well all night. He is taking small bites of real food, such as green beans and banannas. Tonight, I introduced him to the concept of fire. He watched me as I grilled dinner, and we had a lot of fun.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius