Monday, December 03, 2007

I forgot to tell a funny story that happened on Thanksgiving...

After we had eaten, my older brother Tim and I were upstairs in the loft of our parents' house. This is where my dad keeps his guitars, stereo, CD's, and books and other media-type stuff. I was strumming some chords when, out of nowhere, Tim sees the CD of Simon and Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water". He made a comment that we should slide across the floor on it, just for old times' sake.

FLASHBACK: When we were little kids (I was probably about 4-5, and Tim is almost two years older than I), we decided one day that we would use our dad's copy of this record as sort of a skateboard. So, we took the vinyl record out of its sleeve, and proceeded to start sliding around the floor on it. Soon after, our dad came into the room, and was none too pleased. Uh, actually, I guess you can say he was furious...LOL. One vinyl record, ruined. The term "time-out" wasn't en vogue back then, but you could say we were in time out. Probably for about two weeks. At least.

FLASH FORWARD: When Tim said that we should reprise our shenanigans, I said, "Follow me." I took the CD downstairs, and went to the entrance of the west (front) entrance of the kitchen. Dad was standing at the north (side) entrance. I then slid the CD's jewel case, face-up, across the kitchen floor, where it stopped at my dad's feet. He looked down, saw which CD it was, and started laughing. Our mom turned to see what was going on, and she also got the joke. Everyone else there had no idea what was going on, but our parents, Tim, and I were all laughing like crazy. Fun times, indeed.

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius