Thursday, May 26, 2005

OK, so I guess that cancellation thing did not last long.

A couple of weeks ago, I was asked to preach at the Clarksville church on June 5th, while the minister is on vacation. Without hesitating, I said "yes", then thought, "Oh, crap! What have I gotten myself into?" The ladies of the church where I work are giving Michelle a shower that day, and I am supposed to go with Mike Clark to a Sounds game. Plus, the idea of preaching at the church where I grew up makes me REAL nervous. In fact, when I first answered the call to the ministry, I decided early on that I would never preach there. The whole thing about a prophet not being accepted in his own land and all (not that I am a prophet or anything, but you get the idea). So, please pray for me.

Michelle recently graduated from college, and I am SO proud of her. She has decided to go to grad school at Memphis, with an eye towards becoming an elementary school teacher. We are really excited.

I am registered for classes this fall, and I am really excited. Michelle was in a used book store a couple of weeks ago, and picked up a couple of philosophy books she thought I would be interested in. Turns out, I need that book for one of my classes. She paid 50 cents for it!! Cool.

I am going to go for now, but I am going to start posting again. Probably with veracity. Peace...

2 comments:

e said...

:) Good luck preaching in your home church! It'll be ok, though, don't worry about it.

-ellen

Chris Winn said...

Thanks so much. Peace.

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius